Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Update

Wow ... I haven't posted in a while! Since my last post, so much has happened. I scrapped the idea of simply going for an ADN from a technical school and have jumped into the BSN program at my University. I have a 3.95 GPA there and was invited to join <<<giggle>>> Sigma Alpha Lambda National Honor Society. "Why the heck not?" I asked myself and joined.

Fee payment day is tomorrow .... err, TODAY, and classes begin on Thursday. I'm only taking 12 semester hours this term, which includes Statistics 110, a history class, and two nursing classes. Spring will bring more nursing classes as well as Microbiology and Biochemistry.

Bella is loving preschool. The tuition is a little steep, but worth it since it is such a wonderful school. There are only 5 other kids in her class and she comes home every day talking about what she did during the day. I think that we might be raising a little valedictorian here.

OH! I also had surgery on August 11 ... they took my gall bladder out. I've had a tough recovery and at this very moment am itching to death. Apparently I am allergic to the solution that they bathed my wounds with when the took the staples out on the 18th ... so I have four spots on my abdomen (including my belly botton) that is RED and irritated ... and itching to high heaven regardless of the creams that they told me to use.

And I almost forgot ... a tree outside of our house was hit by lightening on the 12th. We were piled in bed ... I was too sore to move too much and Bella wanted to cuddle, so we tucked in to watch a Dora movie. One of those summer storms came up, but we didn't pay too much attention since they occur ALL OF THE TIME around here. Well, we hear this huge BOOM, saw a flash of bright white light through the window, and our television went out. It hit one of the pine trees and fried anything connected to a coaxial. We lost a television and a DVD player (no biggie since there are 4 other TVs and DVD players in the house), as well as a printer/fax/scanner/copier combo, our WiFi router, our Comcast modem, a set of cordless phones, and my HP Pavilion desk top. Our DirecTV was fried, too. (We were without DirecTV for a whole week! We were so happy when the repair man came on Friday. At least Comcast fixed our internet right away.) The strange thing is that we had all of these things hooked into surge protecters that guranteed protection against such things. Lucky that my Dad and I keep receipts because Belkin is replacing everything that was lost due their product malfunction! WOOT!

Well, it's nearly 2 a.m. and I have to get some rest ... busy day coming up!

No comments: